Employment at ZCC
Custodian/Maintenance - January 2017
Job Title: Custodian/Maintenance – Zarephath Christian Church
Hours: Full-Time – (Non-Exempt)
Department: Zarephath Christian Church
Responsible for the Appearance, Cleanliness, Maintenance, General Safety-Security of the Building and Grounds of Zarephath Christian Church, Set-Up/Tear-Down for Meetings and Events, and perform Building Maintenance and Life Safety Systems Inspections.
Resources and Facilities Manager
Basic knowledge of Commercial Facilities and General Cleaning/Maintenance Needs and Best Practices including:
- Floor and Carpet Cleaning – Life Safety Systems
- Wall and Surface Sanitization – Electrical Systems
- Trash Removal – Plumbing
- Replenishing Supplies – Snow Removal
- Keep buildings clean, attractive and well-maintained, inside and out.
- Maintain attractive grounds, performing basic functions as care of flowerbeds, shoveling snow, arranging for snow to be removed from the parking lot, and other maintenance duties.
- Perform Life Safety Systems Inspections.
- Set up and take down the facilities rooms/areas as needed for Services, Classes, Meetings and Events
- Lock and Unlock buildings and rooms as necessary to maintain ongoing operations and a secure environment.
- Perform repairs including but not limited to HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Systems and general building maintenance.
- Set up and take down furniture, tents, and equipment at both indoor and outdoor locations throughout the campus and off-site venues for Services, Classes, and Events.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Resources and Facilities Manager.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Available for On-Call on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis for emergencies as needed.
- Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses.
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle (Car, Van, and Truck).
- Ability to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities including operation of equipment such as floor buffers, lifting and emptying trash cans, bending over to clean bathroom facilities, cleaning tables; working on ladders for such tasks as changing light bulbs and cleaning windows.
- General building maintenance including painting, carpentry, carpet/flooring repairs, masonry and moving of furniture and equipment.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel and climb as required to fulfill the requirements of this position. Some work may be for prolonged or extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb and work off ladders, scaffolds or lifting devices to a height of 30 feet.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities including operation of equipment such as floor buffers, lifting and emptying trash cans, bending over to clean bathroom facilities, cleaning tables; working on a ladder for such tasks as changing light bulbs and cleaning windows.
- 90% of time spent standing and walking, 10% sitting; however, job duties may change throughout the work week and require more or less time to be spent in each type of physical activity.
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Days Off and Hours may vary either Daily, Week to Week or Monthly and may include: Daytime or Nighttime Shifts, Non-Contiguous Days Off
- Submit letter of interest with resume attached to email@example.com →
- Pleasant, professional environment.
- Regular and ongoing interaction with Pastoral Staff, Ministry Leaders, and visitors.