July 20 – 26, 2017
Purpose and Focus
We will be joining our local partners in this intentional effort to combine discipleship and community development in Tipitapa, Nicaragua. We will be renovating a newly acquired property as well as visiting an orphanage in the area and strengthening feeding programs and a tailoring training center.
Home Building – The church continues to see the need to provide suitable housing for its congregants and the Cristo Rey community at large. We will be building 2-3 homes that week.
Feeding/Discipleship Program – A new feeding program for Cristo Rey has been launched by the Tabernaculo de Esperanza and is sponsored by City Church Cincinnati. We will have the opportunity to be a part of the preparation and distribution of food. There will also be an opportunity to share Jesus through a children’s program.
Sewing/Discipleship Ministry – Tabernaculo de Esperanza has started a training program to teach individuals the trade of sewing. We will be able to celebrate with and encourage the next graduating class as well as help further develop this growing ministry.
New Life Nicaragua Orphanage – This orphanage is located in nearby Managua. We will have the opportunity to work alongside staff as they love and care for the children. Duties will include caring and feeding for the children (ages – 1 month up to 7 years) taking the kids on a day trip and providing some much-needed organizing and minor repair work to the orphanage.
Tim and Ginger Mohr and their 4 children moved to Nicaragua in July and are now fully plugged into New Life Nicaragua and serving with Tim and Chris Bagwell. New Life Nicaragua has recently purchased a property that will house not only New Life and all of its ministry arms but also the Bagwell’s and the Mohr’s in the future.This property will need a lot of work as we approach 2017 and beyond. Our sewing and English training ministries in Cristo Rey are doing well and the church and community center are just about completed. Moises and Sara just celebrated their first year as a new church in Cristo Rey and have just started to work on their church property.
What we need from you
- An email from you expressing your interest to “go” into the fields
- Folks willing to help financially support our team members or projects. (The cost to build (1) one home is $700 – labor included)
- Prayer. We need you to pray for us, our partners on the ground, and the people of Nicaragua.
- Dates: July 20-26, 2017
- Cost: $1,600 (includes airfare, room, and board, ministry costs)
- NOTE: The initial $250 deposit will be due by January 15th, 2017
- $1,200 per child traveling with an adult
- Who: Men, women, and children*
- *Children must be 10+ years old. Children under the age of 18 must travel with a parent, guardian or accompanying adult.
Security and Safety Links
Rich Patino & Chris Ottenstroer | Email →
2 Ministry Center Drive
Zarephath, NJ 08890
ZCC is a Ministry of Pillar of Fire International